We are located primarily in the Melbourne CBD and provide a number of services to members of the community. Our services are free, confidential and provided by appropriately-qualified staff. We accept both professional and self referrals and interpreter services are available if required.
Melbourne Counselling Service encompasses Gambler’s Help City and Inner North (offering therapeutic counselling, financial counselling, community education and venue support), Moneycare financial counselling in various locations around Melbourne, and the REPAIR program (a family violence demonstration project).
All staff at Melbourne Counselling Service aim to:
- help clients achieve their goals
- be supportive and responsive
- respect cultural differences
- minimise harm associated with potentially damaging behaviours
- work as a team among various disciplines
As a program of the Salvation Army, we value:
- integrity – being honest and accountable in all we do
- compassion – hearing and responding to pain with love
- respect – affirming the worth and capacity of all people
- diversity – embracing difference as a gift
- collaboration – creating partnerships in mission
Melbourne Counselling Service staff consist of a mix of multidisciplinary professionals with qualifications in psychology, social work, family therapy, financial counselling, public health, and workplace training and assessment.