Our community educator raises awareness of the risks associated with problem gambling, and promotes help seeking behaviours through local community education and prevention activities including:
- Education and information sessions to community groups and organisations
- Professional and peer education for health and community organisations across our catchment
- Involvement at local community events to inform and educate people in our catchment
- Access to resource’s related to gambling issues
The school’s program is funded to provide free education sessions in the education setting. The sessions are aimed at Year 11 and 12 students, staff and parents. We work with schools across our catchment to educate young people abot gambling issues, raise awareness of the risks and give students and teachers strategies to address them. Sessions run for approximately one hour, however we can tailor it to your needs.
Sporting Clubs Program
Our voluntary sporting clubs education and support program aims to counter the growing culture of gambling in sports by encouraging and supporting responsible and healthy club environments. We aim to:
- Increase awareness of the risks associated with gambling
- Shift the focus from the ‘odds’ back to the love of the game
- Encourage responsible gambling behaviours
Community events and expos
Do you have a community event coming up? We would love to be involved. Please contact Gambler’s Help City and Inner North and speak to our community educator.
Free education sessions are available on request for your health service or workplace. Hear from counsellors and community educators about how to recognise the signs of problem gambling, strategies for harm minimisation and the services available for problem gambling.
For more information or to book a session for your organisation, please contact Gambler’s Help City and Inner North’s community educator on 9653 3250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
GHCIN’s community educator provides these services in the Cities of Melbourne, Moonee Valley, Yarra and Moreland. For community education services in other areas, please contact the Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation on 9452 2600 or responsiblegambling.vic.gov.au