Gambler’s Help Venue Support Worker
Part time (0.5FTE)
- Join a supportive and professional service
- Be part of a high quality service supporting people and communities to reduce gambling-related harm
- Experience an interesting mix of field and office based work
- Balance your commitment to the community sector whilst building relationships with the gambling industry
An exciting opportunity exists to join our Gambler’s Help City and Inner North (GHCIN) program as a part time Venue Support Worker. The GHCIN Venue Support Program works in partnership with gaming venue staff and management to support the development and maintenance of responsible gambling environments. Venue Support Workers play a key role in training and educating venue staff and supporting gaming venues to meet and exceed the requirements of industry codes of conduct.
GHCIN also provides therapeutic counselling, financial counselling and community education. The program is funded by The Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation. GHCIN is a program of Melbourne Counselling Service.
The successful applicant will:
- deliver high-quality training programs
- be experienced in the management of projects and the ability to plan, implement and evaluate programs.
- demonstrate high level analytical skills including experience in interpreting legislation, codes of conduct and regulatory frameworks and conveying complex ideas to a range of audiences.
- hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- exhibit gaming industry experience (highly desirable)
All applicants are required to pass a police records check and hold a current working with children check. After hours work will be required as a part of this position. The position will be based at the Melbourne Counselling Service offices located in the CBD.
For further information about the position contact Louise Crowe, Senior Venue Support Worker on 03 9653 3250. A position description can be found here.
Please submit written applications briefly addressing the specialist competencies and including a resume, cover letter and 2 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Monday 30 July.
Applications not meeting the above requirements will not be considered for this role.
Melbourne Counselling Service is currently unable to offer student placements for therapeutic counselling.
Enquiries for student placement with our Moneycare or Gambler’s Help financial counselling programs can be made on 03 9653 3250.