Due to COVID-19 restrictions, many Salvation Army locations are operating differently to normal. Please contact us before visiting to ensure this service is open and able to assist you.
Melbourne Counselling Service acknowledges the traditional owners of country throughout Australia and their continuing connection to land, sea and community. We pay respect to them and their culture and to elders past, present and emerging.
Melbourne Counselling Service is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment for staff and clients. We celebrate, value and include people of all backgrounds, genders, sexualities, cultures, beliefs, bodies and abilities.
Melbourne Counselling Service encompasses Gambler’s Help City and Inner North (offering therapeutic and financial counselling, community education and venue support) and a generalist financial counselling program (providing financial counselling in various locations around Melbourne).
Our services are free, confidential and provided by appropriately-qualified staff. We accept both professional and self referrals and interpreter services are available if required.
All Melbourne Counselling Service staff aim to:
- help clients achieve their goals
- be supportive and responsive
- respect cultural differences
- minimise harm associated with potentially damaging behaviours
- work as a team among various disciplines
Melbourne Counselling Service staff consist of a mix of multidisciplinary professionals with qualifications in psychology, social work, family therapy, financial counselling, public health, and workplace training and assessment.
As a service of the Salvation Army, we value:
- integrity – being honest and accountable in all we do
- compassion – hearing and responding to pain with love
- respect – affirming the worth and capacity of all people
- diversity – embracing difference as a gift
- collaboration – creating partnerships in mission