Due to COVID-19 restrictions, many Salvation Army locations are operating differently to normal. Please contact us before visiting to ensure this service is open and able to assist you.
As outlined in the Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct, gaming venues in Victoria have responsibilities to identify and respond to patrons showing signs of distress and unacceptable behaviours which may be related to problem gambling.
The GHCIN Venue Support Program assists venues in fulfilling their responsibilities under the Code.
The GHCIN Venue Support team offers support by:
- educating staff to identify and respond to patrons displaying behaviours that may be associated with problem gambling
- raising awareness among venue staff of Gambler’s Help services, self-exclusion programs and other community support services
- where appropriate, encouraging referral to Gambler’s Help services and other community support services
- assisting venue management and staff to meet the requirements of their Responsible Gambling Codes of Conduct
- showing staff how to best promote and maintain responsible gambling environments
For further information on the Venue Support Program, please contact MCS on 03 9653 3250 and ask for the Venue Support team.